On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, stan wrote:

>  [snip]
> 13:58:15 up 249 days,  5:48,  1 user,  load average: 0.35, 0.32, 0.36
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# cat /etc/debian_version
> testing/unstable
> [snip]
> That's certainly "stab;e"enough for em. And it gets apt-get dist-upgraded
> pretty much every weekday morning.

To my understanding, this is the wrong way to think about stability. It's
not a question of whether the OS is stable as in not-crashing. It's a
question of whether the versions of software included in the release will
be changing or not. That is, whether the collection of packages is stable
or not.  Running the unstable distribution, AFAIK, just suggests that the
versions may change on you, not that it's likely to crash.

ap

[EMAIL PROTECTED] * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu