I'm new to debian itself, and seem to be having a problem with regard
to modules.

I've succesfully compiled and booted with kernel 2.4.12 without a
problem. The issue I have is with missing modules.

I've done a 'make modules' and 'make modules_install' but upon
reboot, the system is unable to locate most of these modules.. I believe
I've followed all the the HOWTO's I could find to the letter, to no
avail.

Anything I'm failing to do here?

I am able to succesfully compile and install 2.4.12 + modules on other
distro's without error, so something's up.

Tim