Thus spake Rohan Deshpande:
> * Stephen Gran ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Thus spake Rohan Deshpande:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When I try to send an email to my friend, this is the error I get from
> > > the Mail Delivery System:
> > >
> > > This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).
> > >
> > > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> > > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
> > >
> > >   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >       unknown local-part "his.email" in domain "home.com"
> > >
> > > What is a 'local-part'? How do I fix this? Thanks everyone.
> > >
> > > -Rohan
> > Are you copying this or rewriting it?  Because the local part is
> > his.email, and this is rather odd for a user name.  The error isn't from
> > exim, exactly, it's from the transaction between exim and home.com -
> > it's just reporting back that home.com doesn't have a user named
> > his.email, which seems likely.  Perhaps you put the wrong user name in?
> > Good luck,
> > Steve
> >
> > --
> > Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.
> >             -- Ashleigh Brilliant
>
> Hi again,
>
> I have made sure that I have spelled the name correctly, and I still get
> the error.  Also, the odd thing is, I got that email less than 2 seconds
> after I sent it, which seems like it was probably a local problem.  Any
> input?

Then it probably is an exim.conf problem - make sure that you don't have
"home.com" listed as one of your local domains - you're not, and this
makes exim think it's doing a local delivery.
Good luck,
Steve

--
Truth has always been found to promote the best interests of mankind...
- Percy Bysshe Shelley