Thus spake Jonathan B. Leffert:
> I'm seeing the following errors when I invoke 'ps':
>
> {netlink_unicast} {netlink_unicast_R__ver_netlink_unicast}
> Warning: /boot/System.map-2.4.13 does not match kernel data.
> {netlink_unicast} {netlink_unicast_R__ver_netlink_unicast}
> Warning: /usr/src/linux/System.map does not match kernel data.
>   PID TTY          TIME CMD
>    1421 pts/2    00:00:00 zsh
>     1439 pts/2    00:00:00 ps
>
> I've done some research into this and the common answer is that my
> System.map is out of date.  It's not.  I've checked and rechecked it.  This
> has never happenened until I went from 2.4.10 to 2.4.11.  Now, with every
> kernel version it happens.
>
> I'm running unstable on i386.
>
> Help?
>
> Jonathan

The only thing I can think of is to look at the timestamps of System.map
and your kernel - are they the same?  I've gotten this error after
copiling a new kernel but then forgetting to copy over the new
System.map to /boot.
Good luck,
Steve

--
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire