said:
> Dear members ,
>  Is there any safe way , whereby , I can  hide   init 1 from  all
>  others who access
> my mac ?
>   I was thinking in this direction :(I have not given this serious
>   thought) : -
> Commenting out the runlevel 1 from the /etc/inittab .
>
> I know I am  saying something that is slightly ridiculous , but  ,
> can  somebody
> guide me better on this ?

what do you want to hide it for? you could probably change
l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2

but i cant imagine why someone would want to hide an init
level from others. especially if they can't get to it without
root access(?). debian does prompt for the root password when
entering single user mode. at least on IA32 ..

nate