Phillip Deackes wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Dec 2001 14:21:27 -0800
> Erik Steffl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Phillip Deackes wrote:
> > >
> > > On 24 Dec 2001 17:44:44 -0500

> >   I did not write that, it was written in a response to my email.
> >

> Sorry, Erik. I thought I had sorted all the nested quotes and arrived at
> the author of the quote - and this where we all correctly bottom-post.
> Goodness knows how they do it where everyone top-posts!
>
> I assumed a single > before 'xxxx wrote' would match up to a single >
> before a response. Maybe somewhere along the line the attribution got
> mangled. Then looking at your post I think I have got it wrong. No quote
> before 'xxx wrote' matches single quote before comments.

  that's right, and it makes sense because xxx wrote is not part of the
quoted text (e.g. first line of my post which starts with Phillip... is
part of my post, not part of message to which I reply to, which has one
> in the beginning of the line).

> I think I have eaten and drunk too much!!

  possibly:-)) but clearly not enough if you can formulate readable post
on the next day... well, hooray for healthy life style:-)) happy
holdays!

        erik