On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 08:15:56AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:37:54 -0600 Jamin Collins
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If you've got another viable option, I'm sure we'd love to hear it.
>
> Uhhhh, update the packaging system to handle this not uncommon
> problem.

Great, I'll get right on that.  Oh wait, there no indication of how.
Sure, we can just "change" the packaging system.  However, there's a
*lot* more to it than just waiving a magic wand or hacking a few lines
of code.  Someone would need to come up with system (including the
internal mechanics) that denotes how this could/should be done.

> Surely having the source and, indeed, being in the project that came
> up with the whole packaging scheme might, I dunno, make that the
> tiniest possibility?

Simply having the source isn't a blanket panacea to the problem.
There's still the more than trivial problem of *how* it would be done.

--
Jamin W. Collins