"Mark" == Mark Lanett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    Mark> I've been trying to set up a desktop machine to act as a
    Mark> wireless router and am having trouble getting the wireless
    Mark> card to work. This is an orinoco silver in a Lucent PCMCIA
    Mark> adapter - I chose to go with the name brand to minimize
    Mark> problems. However:

    Mark> Using: kernel-2.2.20-idepci, pcmcia-modules-2.2.20-idepci,
    Mark> wireless-tools 23-2 Card Services seems to work
    Mark> fine. However there is no orinoco driver.  syslog: module
    Mark> /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o not available

Mark,

I use that card, but with 2.4.18-k7:

~# lsmod | grep orinoco
orinoco_cs              4296   1
orinoco                29280   0  [orinoco_cs]
hermes                  3360   0  [orinoco_cs orinoco]
ds                      6464   1  [orinoco_cs]
pcmcia_core            38656   0  [orinoco_cs ds yenta_socket]

I never did use 2.2.20, but with 2.2.18 and older pcmcia source I had
to hand compile a driver (wavelan or wvlan or something, downloaded
from the Agere systems web site). That was a long while ago though, so
I can't remember the details.

Sorry for the fuzzy details, but I hope this is some help.

Cheers!
Shyamal