hi ya daniel

fun stuff ...

- ssh and mutt seems to be the best...
        - receiver of the emails see the email coming form your
        normal accounts and domain names...

- web-based emails:  webased.riddlemaster.org
        -  you cans end and receive emails from any ip#
        to anybody

        - security of your login/pwd is at issue but only for
        sending/receiving emails for [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        list of web-based mail apps
        http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Mail/webmail.txt

        - yahoo/hotmail/excite type accounts are for the birds ??

- setup a local ppp dialin server w/ an 800# to call your own server
  ( if you can dial up att/aol/earthlink... you can call yourself )
        - international phone calls might be a different issue
        ( best way ?? )

- when you are traveling..  do you need access to your other windoze PCs
  and its shares ??
        - use ssh if you dont need to talk to windoze PCs

        - use VPN ... freeswan + ipsec + ??

        - $150 cablemodem routers with vpn ports that accepts incoming
        vpn connection from any where ....
                ( i think its bad idea...but it works for some folks )

- if you prefer pop/imap...
        - use secure pop3 ...
        http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/secure_pop3.txt

- secure smtp w/ SSL ....