Roman Joost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I tried to install grub to boot my linux or windows partition.
> Unfortunatly it won't work.
> Now, grub boots the grub shell, but nothing more. I've to tell him where
> the configfile is
>
>     configfile /grub/menu.lst
>
> My menu appears and i can boot Linux. What i'm doing wrong, that grub
> wont load the configfile?

The canonical location is /boot/grub/menu.lst, *relative to the
default root partition*; if your /boot is a separate partition, try
using /boot/boot/grub/menu.lst.

> title Windows 98 boot menu
> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
> chainloader  +1
>
> The second thing is, that i can't boot my windows anymore. After
> choosing the menu option, it won't any further :( Should it be
> reinstalled?

My menu.lst also has a "makeactive" in there; maybe you need that?

  # For booting Win98 (bleah!)
  title Windows
  rootnoverify (hd0,0)
  makeactive