Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> XML is chatty. But please: a few hundred extra megabytes
> won't kill you. Not on hard disks that *start* at 40 gigs.

    Now apply that to the providers that have to transport and store several
hundred thousand in a day.

> The trouble is that everybody has different standards: some
> like inline quotes, some like top-posting, and some like
> bottom-posting. Rather than get exercised about others'
> aesthetic choices, we should let our programs format our
> mail the way we want.

    Not possible because, as I pointed out, when one intersperses the response
they should be trimming and replying based on context.  Because of this it is
impossible to made code to present it as people want it because not only is
information mission from trimming but taking an interspersed reply and
removing all context means at times it would make no sense.