I've used FC2, Mandrake (both of which I like very much) and Debian Sarge.  Currently I am using Xandros, which is Debian-based.  I'm not using Sarge right now because there are a lot of packages included and it's hard for me to determine which I need or don't need.  If i install too many,  I'll probably get things messed up.  What I'm going to do is get a book dedicated specifically to Debian, determine what I need, and then reinstall Debian Sarge.  But I will definitely go back to Debian.

Steve Mazurek