On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 07:08:24PM +0100, Sonixxfx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me how I can track what packages apt-get installs and
> removes? I occasianally run apt-get dist-upgrade from cron and I would like
> to know what has been installed and removed by apt-get afterwards.
>
> Thanks for your help.

If you use aptitude, the syntax is almost exactly the same, and it logs
its actions in /var/log/aptitude.  Running upgrades from cron is risky,
you might try the "-s" option, which tells what would be installed and
removed without actually doing it.

--
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.