I am wondering if I should be sending this to Debian or to a psychiatric
facility.

I have just spent a little over two weeks unable to connect to the web.  My
windows connection went down and I could not re-install it.  I figured that
shouldn't be a problem, I had Debian 3.0 on the other half of the drive.

After more than a dozen tries, understandable since I haven't installed it for
over five years, I finally got it installed the way I wanted it.  Then I hit
the wall.

I still can't use it to connect to the web.  I got to the point where it told
me something about a sequence that was not 6-bit pure and the 7-bit was always
zero.  X would not work.  I was told that there were no screens available.  The
usb connectiion did not work and neither did the printer, an HP Officejet 4110.

I have ordered an installation set for 3.1 to see if it works any better.  If
it doesn't, I'll have to relegate Debian to the status of toy, somthing to play
with.  For work I will have to use WinXP.  With that I stick the disks in and
it installs and works.  There are modifications I make, but it works.

When will Debian?