Yesterday, I did an upgrade on my Debian testing system. For some
reason, when some KDE packages are upgraded Open Office breaks. In the
past I've just re-installed my OO deb files and all is well with the
world again.

But not this time!

I use alien to convert the rpms provided by OO to debs. Then use dpkg
to install the debs.

I've tried removing older versions of OO. I have even downloaded OOo
again, checked the md5sum and re-installed it.

The closest I can get to a working program is at /usr/bin/ooffice which
will not open any files (not even native OO files)

I'm sure it's not an OO problem as it was working perfectly before.

I noticed that alien was upgraded, and I'm wondering if that's the
problem.

I ran alien in verbose mode, but no errors were reported. The only
error I found was this:

coolbox:/opt/OOA680_m1_native_packed-1_en-US.8990/RPMS/desktop-integration#
dpkg -i ./*.deb dpkg:
regarding .../openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.1-1_all.deb containing
openoffice.org-debian-menus: openoffice.org-core conflicts with
openoffice.org-unbundled openoffice.org-debian-menus provides
openoffice.org-unbundled and is to be installed. dpkg: error
processing ./openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.1-1_all.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing openoffice.org-debian-menus
Errors were encountered while
processing: ./openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.1-1_all.deb

I'm sure this should only affect the desktop integration, and not the
program itself.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
God bless you,