On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 07:33 -0800, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> Two machines with sarge installed are in a lan connected to dhcp
> server. What is the simplest way to transfer files between them. Both
> have different single user.
> --
> L.V.Gandhi
> http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/
> linux user No.205042

If you use SCP, you probably don't need extra software. If I'm correct,
SSH is almost installed by default. A simple command like the following
would do the trick: scp FILE1 FILE2 FILE3
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:destination_folder

where destination_folder is the folder on the destination host where you
want the files. If you want to transfer whole directories, use scp -r

Good luck

Philippe De Ryck