Gene Heskett wrote:
> Well, he could, because its worse than that, 1% of the people here
> control 90% of the wealth according to some figures I heard on C-SPAN
> tonight in congressional testimony.  Thats not right, and its sure not
> a democracy.

    Of course it's not a democracy.  Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't
have the sense to listen to the clap-trap every school child in public
education is forced to recite daily.

    I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America.  And to
the *REPUBLIC* for which it stands...

    Have you heard the other side of those figures?  How about 50% of the
people don't pay taxes.  In fact a large portion get free money.  Explain
exactly how that part is democratic and you'll win a prize.  No, I'm not
joking, it is exactly that behavior which is why we're supposed to live in a
republic and not a democracy.