Another factor needing consideration is the quality of the manuals and associated documentation themselves. If an adverse review has no problem proving documentation short-comings that ranks higher over here. That having been said, systems like dapper drake based on intended audience do not aim at say the same crowd that uses only debian console mode and likes it. The big reasons for X-windows on any computer system are in order of importance 1) to limit total control of a system to a subset of applications for security reasons in large organizations and 2) to enable people who couldn't handle something say like console-based linux well to still use that computer; the operating system for the rest of us approach.