Carl Fink wrote:
This is interesting.  I installed kpdf to try to get this stupid page
printed, and it says that it can't connect to the CUPS server, which is
clearly there and which other programs can print to just fine.  On the other
hand, gpdf can't even DISPLAY the page correctly.  Apparently the universe
doesn't want me to print this one stupid page using Linux.

See my previous "fun" with CUPS and KDE in a few different bug reports.

Running Sid, I had to comment out the line in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

#Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

then restart CUPS in order for my local printer to be visible under KDE's printers, and after setting the CUPS printer as the local default there, all was well.

Arthur.