* cr ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [030626 12:52]:
> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> /dev/hda1       /boot           ext2    errors=remount-ro       0       0
> /dev/hda5     /               ext2    errors=remount-ro       0       1
> /dev/hda6     none            swap    sw                      0       0
> /dev/hdd5       /cr2            ext2    defaults                0       0
> /dev/hdd6       /cr4            ext2    defaults                0       0
> /dev/hdc2       /cr3            ext2    defaults                0       0
> /dev/hdc1       /mnt/DosC       msdos   defaults                0       0
> /dev/hdd1       /mnt/dosD       msdos   defaults                0       0
> proc          /proc           proc    defaults                0       0
> /dev/fd0      /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0       0
> /dev/cdrom    /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
>
> I actually inserted the line for /boot before the line for / , so it had to
> have a newline character.    I'm not sure what the significance of the dump
> & pass numbers is  (I just copied the 0 0 of all the drives except / )

Those numbers are described in fstab(5).  The short of it is that all of
your filesystems except / should have "0 2" and / should have "0 1".
Well, when I say "all" of them, I really mean the ones that are
regularly mounted as part of your linux system.  In your case, that
would mean /boot, /cr2, /cr3, /cr4.  All of your disk-based (not
/proc, not tmpfs) filesystems.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin