On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 04:38:36PM -0700, ChadDavis wrote:
> Hey there.  What X system does my recent (installed yesterday ) debian etch
> system use? Isn't there adifference between xfree86 and xorg?  The docs I
> found on the debian site are for xfree86 but my system seems to have X11 /
> xorg stuff on it?  Sort me out if I'm clueless.

Sarge uses xfree86. Etch uses xorg. As I understand it, there was a change
in the license of xfree86 after release of Sarge. That change was not
acceptable according to DFSG. So, people who take such things seriously,
and have the talent to do something about it, have forked x-windows.
(I care, but don't have the talent.)

--
Paul E Condon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]