I have been running etch for a few weeks now and am very happy.
However, after trying a couple of CD ripping programs I decided to
stick with grip. On trying to remove sound-juicer apt informs me it
will also remove gnome-desktop-environment. ???? Is this correct? If I
have to keep sound-juicer then how can I prevent it starting up every
time I load a CD?

Regards
--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter
http://counter.li.org/