Hello John.

John K Masters, 11.02.2007 23:23:
> I have been running etch for a few weeks now and am very happy.
> However, after trying a couple of CD ripping programs I decided to
> stick with grip. On trying to remove sound-juicer apt informs me it
> will also remove gnome-desktop-environment. ???? Is this correct?

Yeah, it is. But you can just go on and remove the gnome-desktop environment
package since it’s only a meta package which depends on a lot of other packages.

Sound Juicer is one of those dependencies and so the gnome-desktop-environment
package can obviously not being kept if you want to remove it.

> If I
> have to keep sound-juicer then how can I prevent it starting up every
> time I load a CD?

You can set the default behaviour for this using 'gnome-volume-properties'.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules