Tim Yang:

> However I found a little problem. Since it is a server, I
> try to connect from another box with SSH and it was
> refused. I found out the problem was that the SSH server
> was not installed. Only openssh client was installed,
> not the server. I have to manually apt-get the openssh server
> and install it.
>
> My question is if this is a feature or bug?

It depends on who you ask, probably. :) What's new in etch (and
definitely a feature) ist that openssh has been split into a -client and
-server package. This is a good thing since a lot of desktop users don't
need an SSH server on their machines. And I guess that's the reason for
openssh-server not being installed by default. But I agree that one
could still argue, that a task like "fileserver" is mostly used on
machines where an SSH server is most probably a good thing. On the other
hand, if "fileserver" depended on oppenssh-server, that might be
surprising, too.

This might be a candidate for the release notes. At first glance, I
couldn't find any information concerning openssh packaging changes in
the draft.

J.
--
In an ideal world I would cure poverty and go to the gym at least three
days a week.