Am 2007-03-20 10:32:06, schrieb H.S.:
> I agree with this. In my experience, one can choose to configure every
> detail in Ubuntu by editing configuration files, the same way as in
> Debian. At the same time, Ubuntu also automates many things and provides
> a nice simple GUI for others (source packages gui, update gui, package
> installation gui).
>
> At our univ. we had our Linux image changed to Ubuntu recently. I kind
> of manage my own machine, and still use text files for administration
> whenever needed, even though I could use Ubuntu's GUI. Just shows that
> the user has more than one option to customize her/her system.

Sorry, but I have tried (K)Ubuntu several times, but whenever
I have configured some things by hand and it WAS working, the
GUI tools have every time destructed my configs and I had to
reconfigure all by hand again.

I hate definitivly MOST GUI tools because they are not adapted
to protect hand made changes!

Note:   I have coded many stuff ans ALL of my GUI tools
        respect hand made changes by default.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)