Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to setup a dual screen from a laptop with another LCD
> monitor. However, this new monitor came without any manuals,
> documentation etc., I know that it is working but I just dont know
> the specs. How can I find out what its Horizontal frequency and
> vertical refresh rates etc. are, so that I input them into the
> monitor section of xorg.conf file?

The EDID data from the monitor should tell all. Most drivers for modern
hardware have support for parsing this information and configuring
themselves accordingly, and failing that there are command line tools
for this. Google should help you, now that you have an acronym to
search on. :P

--
Andrew J. Barr

Woke up in my clothes again this morning,
don't know exactly where I am...