I am using 2.5.75 and am guessing that 2.6.0-test1 should be about the
same.
The sysfs doesn't hurt 2.4 kernels and is not actually needed. I am
mounting it through automount, and even without it I only needed it for
the cpufreq access. The sysfs gives access to the kernel data structures
for userspace.
The usbfs does matter if you also use usb file system on 2.4 since the
name has been changed from usbdevfs. There is back support for the old
name but I don't belive that forward support ;)
For me acpi works quite well with acpid and acpi. It does matter whether
you used the acpi patch for 2.4 kernels since the location of the files
with the patched kernels and 2.6 under the proc file system is different
then with the unpatched 2.4 kernels.
AFAIK /sys has nothing to do with acpi since it appears under /proc and
not /sys.
Alsa actually worked quite well with the old configuration in place
although I haven't managed to get alsaconf to work, it doesn't seem to
recognise the sound card. Could be because alsaconf is ver 0.90 and alsa
under 2.5.75 is 0.95, if anyone has any ideas?
You could try to run a 2.4 kernel with the alsa modules, configure the
card and then switch back to 2.6. A crude work around but it is a
workaround.