On Monday 21 July 2003 11:31 pm, arief_mulya wrote:
> Dear Marino,
>

> Nice HOWTO.
>
> I like to know, if the change to fstab (sysfs and usbfs) will affect how
> 2.4* kernel works? Have you tried that?

Yes, I already changed fstabs and I do not have any problems using usb devices
under 2.4.21... I just printed a page on my USB printer a moment ago.

Actually the only error mesages I get is when 2.6 tries to load a module like
usb-uhci (named UHCI-hcd under 2.6) as per /etc/modules entry... but
apparently this does not have any impact... I just wonder why they changed
the module names.

> About ALSA, it's perfectly working the last time I try them. But it
> seems we need some change in the alsa init scripts. For me, the solution
> was just compiled alsa into the kernel.

Sorry, I just forgot to compile support for my graphic card under ALSA... I
corrected that and now ALSA works

> Now ACPI. I think it work. But acpid and acpi package doesn't recognize
> the existance, but I haven't try with /sys enabled yet. And another
> thing, I got hang on resume with ACPI.

OK, I'll try ACPI soon... we'll see.