On 07/31/2007 09:30 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> IIUC websites shouldn't care about/need to know what browser is
> used, as long as they are following the standards.

You do understand correctly, but emphasis must be placed on the
word "shouldn't". Websites *should* not need to care or know
about what browser is used.

However, even following the standards, any site that reaches a
moderate level of design complexity will have issues on different
browsers.

As a programmer, I feel icky having to tailor a site to different
browsers. It feels like a "hack" to me, and I hate hacks. Instead
I do the following:

1. Change the design so I do not have the problem.
2. Accept that it will not display the same on all browsers.
3. Make sure it if functional on all browsers.

--
Glen