Logan Five([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is reported to have said:
> I have the latest version of Debian running on Linksys NSLU.  I have it set
> for
> a static IP and I've added a correct default gateway to my config and
> everything
> works ok.

How/where did you set the static IP?

> However, when I reboot, it goes back to DHCP and the gateway route
> doesn't stick.

Have you configured the DHCP server with the slugs IP.  If not, DHCP
will not know that the slug's IP has been set.

man 5 dhcpd.conf see the examples for static leases.

> All the correct settings in the correct files but those settings
> don't get read on reboot apparently.

On the Slug or server?  If the dhcpd.conf setting are correct on the
server then it should assing the slug the IP you set it at

> And if I do a restart of networking, the
> correct settings get applied.  What gives?  Thanks.

What correct setting on what, the slug?

You might want to take a deep breath and try giving us a better
idea of what you mean.

Wayne

--
Information Center, n.:
  A room staffed by professional computer people whose job it is