Hello,

I'm using Debian unstable, Linux debian 2.6.11-1-686 kernel and I haven't
upgraded for a while and now decided to instal xorg so I have run (after
quitting X and from a terminal):

apt-get install xserver-xorg

After fetching the packages a Debian Configuration screen which said something
like that:

"Cannot remove /usr/X11R6/bin directory. This upgrade requires that
/usr/X11R6/bin directory be removed and replaced with a symlink. An attempt was
made but failed. You must move the files out of the way so that the
installation can complete. If you like, you may move them back later..."

So it exited. Then I removed the files from /usr/X11R6/bin directory and re-run
apt-get install xserver-xorg however it said there were some problems that
needed an -f install so I did apt-get -f install.

However now it just can't continue and says:

trying to overwrite '/usr/X11R6/bin' which is also in package xprt. Errors were
encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/x11-common_1%3a7.3+2_i386.deb

After that I have seen that /usr/X11R6/bin was removed. I tried to remove xprt
package using apt-get remove or dpkg -r or dpkg -P however it always complained
that xprt depends on xprt-common and refused to remove. I tried to remove
xprt-common and it said that xprt or xprt-xprintorg depended on it... So
refused to remove it, too.

So now I can't start my X system.

What must I do to be able to continue xserver-xorg installation without any
problems?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

--