On 12/10/07, Mihira Fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hce wrote:
>

> > Indeed, my ISP blocks port 25. How can I config the postfix to change
> > to use 465 or 587? I have following  sasl_passwd:
> >
> > smtp.gmail.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Jim
> >

> It would help if you can post results of postconf -n
> and show the relevant map files (with the passwords and ip addresses mangled
> of
> cause)

$ /usr/sbin/postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = yes
biff = no
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
config_directory = /etc/postfix
inet_interfaces = loopback-only
inet_protocols = ipv4
mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
masquerade_domains = bizmail.com.au
mydestination = mail.bizmail.com.au
myhostname = debian
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
myorigin = /etc/mailname
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost =
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = login
smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
smtp_tls_CApath = /etc/ssl/certs
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtp_scache
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtpd_scache
smtpd_use_tls = yes

The bizmail.com.au is wrong, it was my old ISP, but I could not find
where the parameters get it from?

> Change your relay server parameters from smtp.gmail.com to
> [smtp.gmail.com]:587
>
> If you're using relay_server parameter in main.cf, modify it to look like
> this :
> relayhost = [smtp.gmail.com]:587
>
> If you're using transport maps, change the map file to look like this :
>
> gmail.com       smtp:[smtp.gmail.com]:587

I only use one file mailname and I have changed mailname to
smtp.gmail.com:587, but still got port 25:

Dec 11 22:07:47 debian postfix/smtp[5598]: connect to
mailc.microsoft.com[131.107.115.214]: Network is unreachable (port 25)

> your sasl password map file should have the following format :
>
> smtp.gmail.com  username:password

That's correct. I've only got three files contains specific mail
information in postfix:

1. mailname: smtp.gmail.com:587

2. canonical

yh      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
root        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

3. sasl_passwd

smtp.gmail.com  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:mypassword

That was working fine to my previous ISP bizmail.com.au, or may be
because the postfix config set to:

masquerade_domains = bizmail.com.au
mydestination = mail.bizmail.com.au

I could not find postfix.conf, and where I can change those parameers?

Thanks Mihira.

Kind Regards,

Jim