On Mon December 24 2007 11:02 am, hce wrote:

> Right, that was missing on my laptop. Could you please explain more
> how to enable the IP formward on my laptop (an example of commands
> will be better).

To enable IP Forwarding, run (as root)
# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

(you need to run this everytime the system reboots )

[snip]

> I'll use the wifi router's DHCP server.
Then in the wifi router's DHCP configuration, set the Gateway and name server
to Laptop's ethernet IP address.

> > Goes withut saying that laptop must have a caching dns service such as
> > dnsmasq for this to work.
>
> Right, please also explain more, or an example of commands.
install dnsmasq. its a lightweight dns caching server.

# aptitude install dnsmasq

in its default config, it will take name servers as given in resolv.conf so it
should just work 'out of the box' in your case.

That should get things going.

Mihira.
--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break