On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:22:58PM +0100, Misko wrote:
> Now that MS is going open source (it was on evening national TV news in my
> country) things are surely going to be better :)
> As mentioned news was not very clear can somebody explain what did
> MS actually made available? Is it source code or just some documentation?

Absolutely nothing, of course.  They've promised (again) that they'll
open their file formats and play nice with the FOSS community, but they
haven't taken any actual action on those promises yet, AFAIK.  Whether
they're any more likely to do so this time around than the last half-
dozen times they made essentially the same promise is left as an
exercise for the reader.

> While talking about MS: did they buy Yahoo (this was also on
> national TV about a month ago)?

As of yesterday, no, but MS appears very unlikely to give up and is
making all the moves to initiate a hostile takeover.  I haven't read
today's news yet, but I figure it's going to be in the news for at least
another couple months before finally being resolved.

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/