On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:46:32AM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> * Douglas A. Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080312 23:56]:
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 04:31:29PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > > Iceweasel pushes processor utilization to 100 percent; I would like to
> > > find a browser which is more economical.

> Iceweasel pushes the processor to 100 percent, where it stays for 5 to
> 15 seconds or more at a time, for garden-variety web pages such as
> www.chron.com (The Houston Chronicle).
>
> Something (either Iceweasel or my configuration of Iceweasel) appears
> to have changed several months ago, because loading web sites was not
> so slow a while back.

Create a new user.  Log in as that user and run top or whatever monitor,
and run iceweasel.  Try to find a site with static content that takes a
while to load and use that as a benchmark.  If it runs fine for the new
user, then you know that the problem is in your user configs.  If it is
slow for the new uers, then it is either a systemic problem or the
version of iceweasel.

Is this Etch?

Doug.