Hi Nigel

On 4/12/08, Nigel Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 12 April 2008 05:17, Manon Metten wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > In "KDE/Control Center/Keyboard layout/Xkb options", I set
> > "Adding the EuroSign to certain keys" to "Add the EuroSign to the 5
> key",
> > coz that's where it is located on my keyboard.
> >
> > At the bottom of the Control Center I read: "setxkbmap -option
> > eurosign:5,compose:menu".
> > (I have set Compose Key Position to Menu is compose.) So I expected to
> get
> > the EuroSign after pressing the menu key and then the 5 key. But all I
> get is
> > no EuroSign.
> >
> > Tried I tried Alt+5, Ctrl+5, Ctrl+Alt+5 etc. but I don't get no
> EuroSign.
> > What did I do wrong?
> > What keys do I have to press to get the EuroSign?
>

> Hi Manon. I have a few keboard layouts setup, but on the GB one, the right
> alt
> key (ALT GR) plus the 4, gives me the € sign. On the US keyboard layout,
> right alt plus E does the same. French keyboard, right alt plus E again,
> and
> the same for portugese layout.

I have a US keyboard, but it just won't work. I have tried all options (2
key, E key
and 5 key) but nothing works. Whenever I press the Alt-Gr + E, the Edit menu
opens
(same with the left-Alt + E).

> I also found this: "Adding the nobreakspace keysym to space key" with the
> > options to set it to any, second, third and fourth level.
> >
> > What is a level, and eg. if I set it to second level, how do I access
> the
> > nobreakspace char then?
>

> Not sure about the nobreakspace char, but the levels are:
> Level one:  lower case characters.
> Level two:   Upper case characters (using the shift key).
> Level three: Additional characters  (using right alt (ALT GR) key).
> Level four: More additional characters (using right alt plus shift).

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that.But whatever settings I try,
I don't get a nobreakspace char (ascii 160).

Greetings, Manon.