Hi Nigel,

Well I tried adding the € to the 5 key on my Etch install, which only has
> the
> original US keyboard layout. The only box I checked in xkb options was the
> "Add the EuroSign to the 5 key" one, and ALT-GR plus 5 now gives me the €
> char.  The command shows:  setxkbmap -option eurosign:5

I did the same, but it just don't work.

Later on I checked the box "Space key output nobreakspace at third level". I
> tried ALT-GR plus space in Gedit, and Kwrite, and that still makes a
> space,
> but in KDE's Konsole ALT-GR plus space results in no visible space, but a
> continual string of characters, so it appears to be working, but what it's
> used for, I have no idea. Perhaps someone would tell me.

I use the nobreakspace char instead of the <br /> tag in html code. Gives a
much cleaner text.

The command now shows: setxkbmap -option eurosign:5,nbsp:level3

Strange, my output of the same command shows nothing.

Thanks, Manon.