paragasu wrote:

    What was the output of the "p" command?

    Is the problem with the disk or with the partition?  The "o" command
    creates a new partition table.

p will print nothing because i delete all the partition using d command.
i never aware of o command because i use n to create new partitions.

I hate to suggest this >donning fire-retardant suit< but you might borrow a WinXP machine long enough to run the Computer Management disk tool on your disk. It can often make a disk work that was munged by something. It is not a very good or comprehensive tool, and I would only recommend trying it if you are desperate. Similar comments can be made about other tools.

Still, go to the disk manufacturer's website and look for a tool to use. If the disk is 250 GB or smaller, a DOS-based tool may work. (320 GB and up don't respond to int13 commands, so it takes a non-DOS tool for larger drives). You can burn a bootable CD and run the tool.

I'm sure that if it an be fixed at all, it can be fixed in Debian. However, you may be getting tired of fighting it. Consider it a learning experience.

--
Mark Allums