Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 24/04/2008, Mark Allums <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 The user in trouble seems to be a newbie.  Using parted is not for newbies.

How about gparted, then? It's just a GUI frontend to parted and other
tools. I'm not sure if it has the option to use the rescue thing, but
since the user in question already seems comfortable typing some
commands into fdisk, and parted seems a bit friendlier than fdisk to
me, well...

- Jordi G. H.

Sorry, I was thinking about something else. Parted is okay for fairly naive users. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was something else. You are correct.

Still, shouldn't knock something that works.

--
Mark Allums