I've been lurking on the list for a while, but haven't posted before. We're looking at upgrading our co-lo web server which is now running Debian Sarge. Some people we know have suggested we take a look at Ubuntu, which is based on Debian. Is there anywhere a balanced overview of the pros and cons of using Debian or Ubuntu? In the same vein are there any views on just upgrading to Etch or jumping in with Lenny?

I'd appreciate any URLs or your own thoughts. Thanks.