Hello.  I recently got a USB hub with four ports.  While I can plug a
storage device, or a digital camera, into it, and read these devices
separately, it seems that I cannot mount and read them at the same time
(IE, view images from the digital camera, while simultaneously viewing
files on the USB storage device).

Anyway, all suggestions are appreciated.

Mark

PS, I tried dmesg, and I don't understand what it's saying.  It gives a
bunch of information, and reports various errors.  See an edited
version of it below:

usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 2 if 0
alt 0 pr oto 2 vid 0x03F0 pid 0x3A02
usbcore: registered new driver usblp
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
usb 1-1.3: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
generic usbcore: registered new driver usbserial_generic
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Handspring Vi sor / Palm OS
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Sony
Clie 3.5 drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered
for Sony Clie 5.0 visor 1-1.3:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
detected usb 1-1.3: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached
to ttyUSB0 usb 1-1.3: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached
to ttyUSB1 usbcore: registered new driver visor
drivers/usb/serial/visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor / Palm OS driver
usb 1-1.3: USB disconnect, address 4
usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 5
usb 1-1.1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb-storage: device found at 6
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: USB 2.0   Model: Storage Device    Rev: 0100
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
usb-storage: device scan complete
usb 1-1.2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb-storage: device found at 7
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: HP        Model: USB CAMERA        Rev: 1.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 7
usb 1-1.3: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 8
usb 1-1.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
visor 1-1.3:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 1-1.3: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 1-1.3: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
usb 1-1.3: USB disconnect, address 8
visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB 0
visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB 1
visor 1-1.3:1.0: device disconnected
usb 1-1.2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 9
usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb-storage: device found at 9
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb-storage: device scan complete
Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 1947
attempt to access beyond end of device
sdb: rw=0, want=15616, limit=15537
Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 1947
attempt to access beyond end of device
usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 9
FAT: invalid media value (0xb9)
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sda.
FAT: invalid media value (0xb9)
ususb 1-1.2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10
usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb-storage: device found at 10
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: HP        Model: USB CAMERA        Rev: 1.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
b 1-1.2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10
usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb-storage: device found at 10
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: HP        Model: USB CAMERA        Rev: 1.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00

etc