On Saturday 11 October 2008, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   Anyway I think I've clarified my previous mail sufficiently, so
>  I'll happily stop now.  I think we've probably both made our points
>  sufficiently.  The next thing to do is to either consider ways to
>  help raise awareness of expectations on both sides of the
> bug-reporting fence, or report upstream instead of Debian if you feel
> that you're consistently failing to achieve resolution with us.

And that's what I'm doing by making my point: Raising the awareness of
the issue.  Notice several other people have also commented on similar
situations, so I'm not alone.

Awareness has been raised and someone pointed out that some DDs are
posting on this thread.  While that may be like preaching to the choir
(the ones participating in a thread like this are obviously showing
enough interest that they're not the ones ignoring or being short with
bug reporters), at least there are some who are seeing several people
comment on this issue and there's always a good chance they may bring
the situation up with other DDs.  Since it seems clear that some of us
feel DDs don't care about user comments and bug reports, perhaps if
some DDs themselves bring this up when it can be discussed with other
DDs, it might make a difference.

Hal