On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:32:06AM -0600, Dan Hunt wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:35:05PM +1000, Rex Chan wrote:
>  | Hi Dan,
>  | I'm just wondering if you were able in the end to get sound
>  | working on your motherboard.
>
> Thanks for asking Rex, not yet. I will keep you posted. Let me
> know if you get it to work or find helpful documents. If we leave a
> thread here it will be easier for others.
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/ was my stop today.
> I downloaded the latest alsa stable files into my home/alsa directory.

Hey Dan,

I managed to get the sound going with alsa, with the same motheboard.
I sort of used the instructions from this site as a guide.

http://www.linuxorbit.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=541&page=1

I have a custom kernel and am using packages from unstable.
i got the alsa-source package, and built the alsa module from that.

Then I also got the alsa-base, alsa-utils as well.

There was a gnome alsamixer package as well

Fairly straightforward, and it works
although the sound is a bit scratchy at the moment, maybe playing around
with the mixer will fix it up.

--

Rex