Micha Feigin wrote:
Yes, theoretically that is what I want, but if I'm not mistaken PXE boot is
dependent on a dhcp server giving the machine an IP and declaring that it has
a boot image to provide, or am I wrong.

I want to give the ip as an option and use a given nfs server as a root, not
resolve these values at run time

Are these diskless machines? If not, then theoretically you could set up your initial RAM disk to give the IP and mount the NFS root. I couldn't tell you exactly how to go about it, though.

If they're diskless, you'll need a DHCP server (I think).

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students