2009/1/10 Michael Pobega <pob...@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 10:38:34PM +0000, Chris S wrote:
>> Hello everyone genius type people,
>> Can you help, I don't know much about computers (in comparison to you guys)

>> they ran perfectlly but now the video is very 'jerky'. I am unsure about the
>> further details you require and so instead of guessing could you let me know
>> what you need (and maybe how to find it) I will send you the details. I have
>> googled myself to near insanity but cannot find anything that directly
>> helps. My apologies if I'm not being clear or doing something wrong.

> I'm not trying to say something completely useless here, but perhaps you
> should try updated to Lenny? Etch is soon to be an unsupported version
> of Debian, so I would honestly upgrade before getting into anything.

Yes it is soon to be oldstable but security fixes will still apply to
it for some time.

Updating to Lenny for a new user for your reason above is 1)
Unnessesary to fix this problem, 2) can create more problems than he
is trying to fix and 3) Lenny is not stable yet.

To the OP: If your video is jerky, what are you running as a video
driver? One that "just worked" from the install or one that you
installed yourself?

If your running an nVidia chipset I have found that the free "nv"
driver works but I suffer poor frame rates with it to the point of
DVD's being very difficult to watch.

Can you give us the output of lspci and lsmod.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.