Hi,

> Wow.  Even your 2.4 kernel is old!!
I never received a kernel update, although I did frequent "apt-get
update/upgrade".
And I don't want to update to a newer debian version, because that
machine has onle 24mb RAM and who knows how well a new version of
postgres or the kernel will cope with that.

>>> Die folgenden zusätzlichen Pakete werden installiert: [The following
>>> packages will be installed: ]
>>>  libc6 libedit2 libkeyutils1 libkrb53 libncurses5 libssl0.9.8 locales
>>> openssh-client
> That looks as if libc6 had not been installed, is that really possible?

No, libc6 is installed for sure - I am 100% sure Sarge is libc6 based of course.

> No, it's not.  These packages are suggested, not recommended.
Is there any way to use libc6-i586?

What I wonder when I do updates, "apt-get upgrade" says ~140 packages
have been "halted" - I guess thats the wrong translation.
It seems there are a lot of packages apt won't install and I wonder
where do they come from?

Thanks, Clemens