On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:57:55AM +0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:32:25 +1300, Chris Bannister
> <mockingb...@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > IOW, does "apt-get install powermgmt-base" fix it?
> >

>     Nope, I had powermgmt-base already installed and it is in latest version.
> Anyway - it seems, that it takes too long for system to figure out, that it is
> running on AC power. During that phase of startup it actually thinks, that it
> is
> running on battery. But when system is up, it thinks that it is running on AC
> power.

And you know this from "skipping filesystem check cos on battery"
message?

Have a look at "less /etc/init.d/checkroot.sh" especially:
===========================
# See if we're on AC Power.  If not, we're not gonna run our
# check.  If on_ac_power (in /usr/) is unavailable, behave as
# before and check all file systems needing it.
if which on_ac_power >/dev/null 2>&1 && [ "$rootcheck" = yes ]
then
        on_ac_power >/dev/null 2>&1
        if [ "$?" -eq 1 ]
        then
                log_warning_msg "On battery power, so skipping file system
check."
                rootcheck=no
        fi
fi

===========================
r...@box:~# which on_ac_power
/usr/bin/on_ac_power

r...@box:~# dpkg -S /usr/bin/on_ac_power
powermgmt-base: /usr/bin/on_ac_power

Did you read the bug report to see if there was anything related? How do
you know the bug was actually fixed? (considering the error in the
changelog.gz file.)

--
Chris.
======