On 12/23/-28158 12:59 PM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Wed,20.May.09, 12:34:01, Jeff Chimene wrote:
Hi,

While futzing w/ KDE 4, I deleted the desktop containment. How do I
restore the desktop containment? Google is not very revealing on this
topic.

What's do you mean by 'containment'?

One would have to ask the KDE wizards. That's what it's called.

Assuming that one starts at the "standard" kde4 desktop:
o Right-click on the desktop
o Select "appearance settings"
o Select "desktop" in "desktop activity"; the description for which is "default desktop containment". After clicking "X" on the containment's pop-out menu, the containment disappears. I was able to restore the default desktop environment by renaming .kde to .kde-save. Needless to say, this is a bit like "reinstall windows to
remove all virii"