On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 18:45:29 +0900, tomoya TAKAGI wrote:
> At Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:38:47 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > What happens if you just put "xterm" into that file (also try ~/.xinitrc
> > instead)?
>
> $ echo xterm > ~/.xsession
> $ startx
>
> Then I got strange result:
> there was white box in top-left corner which seems to be a window of xterm.

That is OK.

> But there was no characters on the window except for a text cursor box found
> in a proper place.

Did it have the normal prompt of your shell of choice? Was the text
cursor box a white square with a black outline or a completely black
box?

> I couldn't input any text from keyboard, and no mouse pointer found.

I have noticed that the mouse cursor can now be invisible (black on
black) for the standard X cursor theme. Try to move the mouse upwards
and to left until you hit the xterm window. Then you should see the
mouse cursor and the text cursor should change from white with a black
outline to fully black. Once that happens it should be possible to type
commands at the xterm prompt.

> The window border was jaggy and ugly.

That is probably OK for our primitive test session. (I would need to see
a photo to be sure, though.)

> There was no gray-black tiles on the root window, only black background.

That is OK; the new Xorg changed the default background color from grey
to black.

[...]

> Here is full contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> => http://pastebin.com/m29c9cab0

As far as I can tell, both your mouse and your keyboard are identified
and configured correctly by the new HAL/evdev mechanism.

          Florian   |