On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Hilco
Wijbenga<hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/21 明覺 <shi.min...@gmail.com>:
>> I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
>> python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to
>> reach it? I removed the 2 packages, python and perl, from my system,
>> and of cause, I losed my desktop, is it possible to install a desktop
>> manager without perl and python? which is the proper desktop manager?
>
> (This is in response to various comments/answers you gave, not just
> this initial email.)
>
> FYI:
> perl: C program
> python: C program
> (ba)sh: C program
> ruby: C program
> sed: C program
> awk: C program
> the list continues...
>
> And have you thought about make, m4, gcc, autotools? They all have/are
> their own "language" that you need to learn. gcc uses Lisp (or
> something like it) internally, are you now no longer going to use a
> compiler? No more make because it requires you to learn its language?
> How are you going to build your code?
I don't know gcc uses Lisp, I thought gcc is prgrammed in C, maybe I
can use only the C programmed part of Gcc, or I can develop my own
compiler by asm if I do not like gcc.

> What about XML, YAML, HTML, javascript, and such? No more browser? No
> more internet? :-)
Of course I will use all of them, I even use windows vista everyday
for playing games, that's my user role; for my programmer role, I will
use Xml and html, for they are data files, not programming languages,
I will try to write my own brower in C++, and use a subset of C++ to
be the dhtml programming language instead of javascript.

> On a different note, have you realised just how much you need to know
> before you "know" your whole system? Just the Linux kernel is (2.6.29)
> is 11 million SLOC. Debian 4.0 was a whopping 283 million SLOC. To
> quote some more from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_lines_of_code:
>
> "A similar study was later made of Debian Linux version 2.2 (also
> known as "Potato"); this version of Linux was originally released in
> August 2000. This study found that Debian Linux 2.2 included over 55
> million SLOC, and if developed in a conventional proprietary way would
> have required 14,005 person-years and cost $1.9 billion USD to
> develop."
>
> Are you going to live that long? Do you have that much money? (If yes
> to the latter, could you please send a few million my way?) ;-)
why don't you ask this question to debian or Bill Gates when they just
started their work? Is microsoft built by the one person Bill Gates?
Is bebian developed by the one person Ian?

--
Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl